In honor of National Pancake Day, I thought I'd post a pancake recipe the folks at A Bullseye View sent over: Giada's almond pancakes!
Here's the how to, along with some modifications I'd make:
Almond Pancakes (makes 16)
½ cup (4 oz.) mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
1 ½ cups water
1 tablespoon sugar (I'd try organic coconut sugar for a healthier option)
2 teaspoons pure almond extract
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 cups buttermilk pancake mix (I'd use Pamela's gluten-free buttermilk pancake mix or try this almond flour pancake recipe)
4 ounces almond paste, cut into ¼-inch pieces
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
Maple syrup (optional)
Fresh raspberries (optional)
1. In a food processor, combine the mascarpone cheese, water, sugar, almond extract and vanilla extract. Process until mixture is smooth.
2. Add pancake mix and pulse until just combined.
3. Add almond paste and pulse once to incorporate.
4. Preheat griddle or large, non-stick skillet over medium-low heat.
5. Grease griddle or skillet with 1 tablespoon butter.
6. Working in batches, pour ¼ cup of batter per pancake onto griddle. Cook for about 1 ½ minutes each side, or until golden.
7. Repeat with remaining butter and batter.
8. Arrange pancakes on a platter. Serve with maple syrup and fresh raspberries.