Spring is officially here! The warmer temperatures here in New York have me jonesing for something refreshing and light to wet my whistle.
In the past week, I've whipped up this incredibly easy drink for both my good friends Joanna and Kay and my guy, and they all loved it! It's perfect for warmer weather, pleasantly light, and not sugary.
1. Use this Crate & Barrel ice tray to make jumbo-sized cubes - just one per glass necessary.
2. Pour one to two measures of vodka over ice (depending on how relaxed you want to get!). I used Reyka, which I find very smooth, pretty easy on the wallet, and pretty sitting on my bar cart.
3. Fill glass with R.W. Knudsen's Sparkling Cucumber Essence. I happened upon these drinks at Whole Foods and decided to give them a try - they're not very sweet, made with organic juices, and perfectly bubbly. I'd like to try the other flavors (lemon, blueberry, and mint) too.
4. Add a few dashes of freshly-squeezed or ReaLemon.
5. Swizzle! How fun is this retro swizzle stick I found? There are plenty more on Etsy.
6. Garnish with thin slices of lemon and cucumber.
7. Serve in a tall, slim glass.