1. Dad loves these classic Brooks Brothers pajamas - so much so that I don't think a lifetime supply will cut it!
2. His very particular taste also includes a penchant for Molton Brown products - hey, Dad's a classy guy!
3. Dad has an obsession with Spain, as well a deep appreciation for centuries-old literature. His collection of rare antique books is nothing to sneeze at (unless you've had the privilege of dusting them off, as my brother Paul and I have)! He'd love to add this 1810 leatherbound version of Cervantes' masterpiece Don Quijote to his collection.
4. When he recently came to visit me here in New York, we couldn't resist stopping into Despaña for an authentic Spanish-style lunch of tapas. We picked up these tasty polvorones (Spanish crumble cookies) on the way out.
5. Dad's appreciation for Spain extends to the kitchen, and when he cooks, it's always a gourmet meal enjoyed with expertly-chosen wine. He enjoys using this extra-virgin olive oil from one of Spain's best regarded wine producers, Clos Mogador.
6. I remember going to Camden Yards and Orioles spring training with Dad when I was young. When Ripken hit 2,131 consecutive games, it was certainly cause to celebrate. Dad's office at home is a bit of a shrine to The Birds, as the locals call them. Even though Angelos ruined the franchise, I'd get Dad this t shirt in the hopes that one day the O's will rise again!
7. Dad has influenced me in many ways, but music is chief among them. Even now, he has boxes and boxes of mint condition vinyls, as well as hundreds of CDs, which informed the taste in music I have today. I have very fond childhood memories of driving in the car with Dad and listening to The Specials, The English Beat (or the Beat, as they're known in the UK), or, if we were headed to the beach, The Best of 60s Surf.
8. Dad's record player has been around for awhile. I'd give him this special edition rosenut Music Hall version to replace it.
Dad, I love you! Happy Father's Day!