Yep, that's my age as of today! It's absolutely sweltering here in New York City today, which makes my Florida girl heartstrings sing, but it would be nice to have the relief of an ocean a bit closer. Today, I'm imagining what my birthday might be like relaxing by the shore using all the goodies from my summertime wish list...
1. Billy Wide-Brimmed Hat from Mott 50. I recently had the pleasure of meeting Monique Moore, co-founder of this ingenious line of sun-protective clothing and accessories. I love spending time in the sun, but it's definitely time for me to be a bit smarter about it. The gold tipped rope is such a pretty touch.
5. Flamingo Print Pool Towel from Frontgate. How fun is this towel? It's also 6' long, so I can actually fit on it!
7. Natural Chemical-Free Sunscreen and After Sun Balm from Badger Balm. The Cosmetics Safety Database (one of my absolute favorite resources) rated Badger Balm's sunscreens with a 1 - the best rating for any suncreen on the market. Badger Balm Sunscreen is made with certified organic ingredients and contains no chemical sunblocks - the protectant here is non-nanoparticle zinc oxide, which is a physical sunscreen.
9. Pink Sandals by Melissa Shoes, from Kaight. Melissa Shoes is one of the niftiest companies I can think of - they manufacture completely breathable shoes from a specially formulated non-toxic plastic, and their shoes are 100% recyclable. That means when they've worn out, you can just chuck them in the reycling bin! You wouldn't think they'd be all that comfortable, but I own a red pair of their sandals that I can walk all day in.
10. Water-Based Non Toxic Nail Polish in On the Rocks, Neat, and Highland Fling from Scotch Naturals. In the past few years, so many adorable non-toxic nail polish brands have popped up. This newer water-based line is one of my favorites; all of their color choices are super current and the packaging is clean and pretty. As my friends can attest, I love changing up my nail color and will do it absolutely anywhere. I'm seldom without a bottle!
Are any of you celebrating birthdays soon? What's on your wish list?